Monday, April 6, 2009

My Web 2.0 Journey

My job in a special library requires that I be up to date with new and emerging technologies. I've been reading library blogs for a number of years now and came across the term web 2.0 after reading a blog by one of the "American librarian gurus" -Michael Stephens, Karen Schneider, Jenny Levine- I can't remember which! I was interested in the concept right away and began blogging. Blog writing has never been my forte however (I'm not much good at keeping a diary either) and I've started and discontinued a number of them! Fingers crossed I am better with this one!!

I've been encouraging staff at my current workplace to learn more about web 2.0 technologies and the License to Test Drive program was the opportunity. I'll be acting as a bit of a mentor for my colleagues but at the same time I hope to learn something new too! I'm particularly looking forward to working on podcasts and vodcasts. (and would love a laptop too- HINT Mary!!! hehe just kidding!!)

Anyway, until next time, I'm signing off.

Library Chik xx

No comments:

Post a Comment