Monday, April 6, 2009

Dunnotar Castle


Dunnotar Castle Revisited, originally uploaded by bgladman.

After years of waiting...and waiting...and waiting... I am finally headed off to the UK this year! The image I've uploaded is of Dunnotar Castle in Scotland. I came across an article about it a couple of weeks ago and decided it was a place I HAD to visit!

Dunnotar Castle is set on lands inhabited by the Picts sometime between 5000 BC and 700 AD. The castle itself has been visited by many famous figures, including Mary Queen of Scots and William Wallace (of Braveheart fame). Many gruesome events have occured at the castle, including the infamous "Whiggs Vault" where a group of Covenanters who refused to recognise the King as their spiritual leader were imprisoned.

I CANNOT wait to visit this place to see if the echoes of history can still be felt...............eeeeeeek!!! LOL.

22nd April PS. I got so carried away by this image that I forgot to blog about the concept of sharing images online! Like all the web 2.0 stuff I've dabbled in this before and promptly forgotten to use it again once the novelty has worn off (except for Facebook, which I use all the time.) I can definitely see the benefits to libraries, particularly public and academic ones and would like to see my POW engage in this type of communication. I think online photo sharing is a great form of marketing and how better to encourage those who don't traditionally use a library to step foot in one, particularly if the images are ones that encourage the notion of the library as a welcoming place (without the SHHHHHH factor!)

Now that I've been re-introduced to the concept I think I'll also set up an account for family when I make the big trip overseas later this year (you didn't think I'd go a whole post without mentioning it, did you?!) so they can see what I'm up to and where I've been. It'll be a great way of keeping all my photos organised as well.

Until next time~ Corporate Chik ~ is signing off! x

No comments:

Post a Comment